CONTRUBUTION DEPOSIT DUE DATE
$300 due with application by May 15,
FINAL CONTRIBUTION DUE
- June 15, 2004
- lead time is necessary to obtain excavating
- no visas will be issued without full payment
- travel from Rostov-on-Don to the field camp
- lodging (in tents in a well-organized field
- local commute
- service of a camp doctor
- interpreter (one for 10-12 volunteers)
Three excursions each session
- Tanais archaeological site and museum located
on the Don delta
- Rostov historical museum
- Starocherkassk, old capital of the Don Cossacks
- travel to Rostov-on-Don
- health or life insurance
Travel from your
home to Rostov-na-Donu and Rostov-na-Donu and return is not included
in the cost of the expedition. Rostov-on-Don has an international
airport with regularly flights from Istanbul, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt
am Main, Rimini, Cyprus, and several flights a day from Moscow on
Aeroflot. Please check with the airline of your choice for cost
of fares and time of flights.
Participants will be met at and transported
to the Rostov airport at the beginning and end of each session.
Participants may arrive in Rostov a day
or two before the beginning of the expedition session and the Russian
hosts will facilitate touring Rostov's historical sites and museums.
Participants are responsible for their hotel and meals
during this time.
to Chastiye Kurgany 2004 Index